Like many of you I had my new year's resolutions all written down before the end of 2014. Back then I felt accomplished that I had this part sorted out. I was going to start working on them beginning of the year, but by the end of January these resolutions only found home in My To Do List. Does this happen to you too? You get all worked up and enthusiastic by the end of the year? You draft a plan of your goals for the new year, but then gradually your motivation slows down, your enthusiasm goes away, and your dreams start slipping through your fingers every day passes by? Procrastination shows up as your one and only friend to support you, to give you reasons why you should wait another day, to hold your hand and to comfort you for your lack of action. You have social commitments and priorities, you fought with a loved one and you need time to recover, you are too tired or too sick, the ozone layer is thinning, the world is becoming a dangerous place. How about if I watch another tv show to distract my mind, how about if I play another game of the candy crush saga to de-stress my nerves? Before you know it's the end of the year again. Nothing gets accomplished and your back one more time to ground zero..
Today I woke up feeling determined, I looked myself in the mirror and I declared Saturday February 7 as my own Independence day. I will set myself free from my own fears, my own insecurities, my own demons and from everything that is holding me back. Today my resolutions will leave My To Do List and will be brought to life one at a time. I started the journey and there is no going back. My long time friend Procrastination: Farewell, I don't have time for you anymore. It feels great to take the first step. Don't think too much about it, just do it whether be it going to the gym, eating healthy, or starting your own dream career.
Leaving the house for an event I open my closet and am looking for something that will reflect how I feel (determined and strong). Do you know that the way we dress affect to a certain degree the way we feel? I have a black leather dress that I bought and didn't wear yet. I think this is the time for it as I am in a "do not mess with me mood". I found my outfit inspiration for today. Let's see how to complete the look and make me look elegant in leather.
1. Dress: black leather with off white tubing. With genuine leather avoid having it too tight or it will look cheap. If elegance is the look you are going for, let your leather garments lay comfortably on you.
2. Nude pantyhose: Leather has a heavy feel to it so avoid black stockings. Let the dress be the focal point.
3. Jewelry: leather is structured and so your jewelry has to be. No dangling earings or necklaces. I went with:
a- simple stud black earings by kate spade from nordstrom 30$
b- black cuf bracelet from Swarovski
3. Shoes: pick something with a chunky heel or a bulky look to it. Avoid whimsical pumps. I am wearing black leather smoking slippers high heeled pumps by Prada
For sale on my ebay page
4. Hair: a sleek style would be the best. Take this hair away from your face and let your eyes and lips pop strong. You are not hiding away, you are facing the world.
5: makeup: this is the time for your red lipstick. I picked a muted red by Lancôme and for the eyes a black liner should do the trick. The rule of thumb usually is not to do smoky eyes and red lips, but there are exceptions to that I think. A neutral smoky eyes and muted red lips will work great with this outfit as long as you don't use colorful shadows, bronzer, or blush.