Other than the wedding dress, wearing an all white outfit is risky unless done right. Here are a few tricks when going for that all white look;
1. Mixing Textures: This applies also to interior decorating. When using the same color try to introduce different textures. This helps create depth and interest. In the outfit below I combined a simple cotton top with a textured skirt.
2. Mixing Patterns: When wearing or decorating with solid colors introduce some pattern. Make one of the pieces you are wearing have an interesting pattern that is all the same colour.
3. Combine various Shades: This is my favorite. White has so many shades. Don't be afraid to team a white piece with an off white one (like I did in the outfit below)
4. Layering: When wearing whites, layering works wonders. a white shirt under a white sweater looks super sharp
5. Get the help of Nudes: When I want this head to toe white look I opt for nude shoes and a nude purse. It makes the outfit look much more elegant and chic.
6. Gold: Adding a very subtle touch of gold enhances whites. I went for gold earrings in this case
7. Red Lipstick: Don't be afraid to wear a red lipstick with whites. I think it makes for an edgy style
I had fun wearing this outfit to a luncheon I hosted at my favorite restaurant Eddie Merlot. Look out for more pictures of this event on my blog coming soon :)
Top: Anne Fontaine
Skirt: Vera Wang
Shoes: Christian Louboutin
Earrings: don't remember the brand, but purchased at Bergdorf Goodman