1. wash your hair with a conditioner instead of a shampoo: this will help tame your hair and avoid brittleness and dryness. The one I use and love is Kerastase Fondant Fluidealiste.
2. Mix 1 tsp of a leave in ant-frizz conditioner (I use Kerastase Keratine Thermique) with a little bit of a flexible hold foam (i use Kerastase boucle's d'art) and comb through wet hair.
3.Let you hair air dry. When its damp I apply a small amount of a curling mouse (i use Catwalk Curlsque) only to the ends. I learned these steps from a fashionista friend of mine, and I am forever thankful
4. If your hair is long, twist it into a low bun and take it off when you are ready to go out.
Try to avoid blow drying your hair or using any irons on it when it's hot and humid, it will damage your hair.
As for our skin, here are a few tips:
1. I apply a good moisturizer at night
2. In the morning I only use a good serum (I love skinmedica), I feel that our pores tend to be enlarged in the summer time, a serum will penetrate deeper, help close the pores and give you the look of a primer.
3. If it is day time, I apply a sunscreen. I avoid moisturizers, but if you are too dry, then a light water based one will do.
4. I avoid wearing foundations or thick make up because when you sweat, it will clog your pores and look caky. If I have to, I opt for a super light one like (Trish Mcevoy)
5. Avoid blushes, thick mascara, and heavy make up if you are going to be outdoors when it's super hot. It will take a few minutes before your make up will look like a mask falling off your face. Trust me, a little goes a long way during these months.
Outfit selection is another thing we have to consider.
1. Avoid heavy colors and busy color combinations. Keep it simple and light. Add a pop of color or opt for pastels. Avoid dark shoes as they will weigh you down. Use dark colors only as an accent, just a hint of black for instance goes a long way
2. Avoid busy patterns when you are out in the sun.
3. Opt for light, soft fabrics and roomy outfits. Super tight clothes makes you look suffocated when it's humid out
4. Downgrade your accessories. Avoid statement necklaces, chandelier earrings, lots of bracelets. Keep it simple. You only need a hint of something to make your outfit pop
Remember, you want to look and feel like a calming breeze when its super hot outside.
Top: BCBG Max Azria