1 large eggplant or 3 small ones (cut into 1/2" slices)
1 large tomato chopped
1 tsp ketchup
1 bunch cilantro (chopped)
1/2 cup fresh thyme (chopped)
1/2 cup oregano chopped
1 tsp coriander (chopped)
2 tsp salt (divided)
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sugar
spray on grape seed oil
2 tbsp olive oil
lemon wedges for garnish
1. Sprinkle the eggplant with salt and place in a strainer for 2 hours (this will prevent it from sticking when you bake it)
2. Spray an oven tray with grape seed oil. Preheat the oven to 400 and bake the eggplant until golden
3. In a medium size pan place the tomato, the spices, the salt, the sugar, and the ketchup. cook on medium heat until the tomatoes are tender.
4. Add the baked eggplant and the herbs. Cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Add the cilantro and turn off the heat
5. Wait for it to cold down before you put it in the fridge.
5. Garnish with some lemon wedges and serve cold
Benefits of Eggplant: Check my "Flip Me Over Eggplant"
Benefits of cilantro and the other herbs: rich in antioxidants, rich in minerals, reduces bad cholesterol, rich in vitamins (A, beta-carotene, C, K, B-6)
Benefits of tomatoes: Prevent cancer, lower blood pressure, support a healthy heart, lower blood sugar, great for a healthy skin, rich in fiber and water content.