I large eggplant or 4 small ones
a handful shredded almonds
1/2 lb beef tenderloin cut into 1" cubes
1 cup short grain rice
1 tsp black pepper, 3 tsp salt, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cardamon, 1 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
spray on grape seed oil
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion chopped
1. wash the eggplant and cut into 1/2" slices leaving the skin on. Sprinkle 1tsp salt over and place in a strainer for a couple of hours (this helps it from sticking when you bake it in the oven)
2. Spray a baking tray with grape seed oil and place the eggplants. Bake on 400 for 10 min or until golden. Broil for another 5. You may end up with a few burnt pieces (throw them away.) Set aside.
3. In a medium size pan place the oil, the meat, the chopped onion, 1tsp salt, and the spices. Pan sear the meat on high for 5 minutes. Add 3 cups hot water. Bring to a boil then cook on medium heat for 15 min. Add a few pieces of the baked eggplant and cook for another 5 minutes (this will give the water a nice color). Strain the meat and set aside. Keep the juice to cook the rice with.
4. Wash the rice and soak in hot water for 1 hour before cooking. In a medium size pan place the strained rice and add 1-1/2 cup of the juice you got from the meat and eggplant. Bring to a boil and cook on high heat for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and cover for 10 minutes.
5. In a small pan spray some grape seed oil and lightly toast the almonds. Set aside
6. In any shape container you like,, place the almonds first, then the eggplants, then the meat, and finally the rice. Cover with a large plate and flip it upside down. you will end up with cake looking dish.
Serve hot. Works great with a side of yocumber salad
fights cancer, antioxidant, rich in fiber, rich in vitamins, rich in minerals, supports brain and heart health, strengthens your bones.