Gluten free, Vegan, Dairy Free, Vegetarian
1 cup pre-washed quinoa ( I buy it from Costco)
1/2 cup brown lentil
1/2 cup black lentil
1tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 2 tsp cumin
Spray on grape seed oil
4 tbsp olive oil
1. handful shredded almonds
1.in a medium size pan place the olive oil, the salt, the pepper, and half the cumin with the quinoa. toast the quinoa for 5 min then add 1-1/2 cup boiling water and cook on low heat for 15 min. set aside
2. in another pan add the lentils, the cumin and water to fully cover the lentils. bring to a boil, then cook on medium heat for 15 min or until lentils are tender (don't overcook). Strain from water and set aside.
3. preheat the oven to 400. Peel and cut the shallots into thin slices. Spray an oven tray with grape seed oil. Add the shallots and place in the oven on bake until they start getting golden. Broil for 5 min and remove.
4. Add the lentils to the quinoa and mix well.
5. You can slightly toast the almonds and set aside. They will taste better.
4. Pour the quinoa mixture in your serving plate and garnish with shallots and almonds
Benefits of Lentils: Rich in insoluble fiber which is great for digestive health. Rich in protein, iron minerals and vitamin.
Benefits of Quinoa: Rich in manganese (an antioxidant). Rich in protein, magnesium, B2. Helps in tissue growth and repair.