In this recipe I will show you how to make the best tomato soup preserving most of the vitamins and minerals for a rich taste and a super antioxidant meal.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free
4 large tomatoes (peeled and left whole)
2-4 organic chicken drumsticks
1/2 cup dried mint
1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup chopped parsley for garnish
1 onion (chopped)
1. In a medium size bowl place the oil, the chicken, the onions, and the spices.
2. Sautee on high heat for 5 min. Cover with water, bring to a boil, then cook on medium heat for 20 min or until chicken is tender.
3. Remove the drumsticks and leave the chicken broth water in the pan
4. In a separate pan place the tomatoes and the mint, cover, and turn on the heat on the lowest setting (warm can work) stirring occasionally.
5. Once the tomatoes are tender (maybe in 10-15 min) Turn off the heat.
6. Mash the tomatoes using a large spoon till you get a creamy texture (it should be very easy to do so when they become soft)
7. Add the chicken broth we created to your tomato mixture until you get the consistency you like
8. Serve hot and garnish with parsley
Benefits of Tomatoes:
maintain strong bones, prevent cancer, give a healthy glow to your skin, are super antioxidant, promote healthy hair, reduce risk of kidney stones, improve your vision.