*This soup is Glutin Free
- 1/2 organic chicken Breast chopped into tiny 1/8” cubes
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 can chickpeas) *I use dry chickpeas and cook them in the slow cooker with some cumin and salt for 3 hours then drain them
- 2 cups small diced tomatoes (or 1 can small diced tomatoes)
- 1 large onion choped
- 1 cup quinoa pasta *any kind
- 1 bunch Lacinato Kale *peel the leaves off the stems and chop separately
- Spices:1 tbl caribbean jerk spice, 2 tbl taco seasoning, 1 tbl paprika 1/2 tbl pepper, 1/2 tbl salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice of one lemon *optional
- in a medium size deep pan add the chicken, the oil, the onion, and the spices. Stir fry for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked
- add the tomatoes , the chopped kale stems, and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat
- add the pasta and cook for 5 minutes
- add the cooked chickpeas, the kale leaves, and turn off the heat *the kale should be wilted not cooked to preserve its vitamins
- add the lemon juice (optional)
- serve hot with a side of fresh radish
It is rich in vitamins A, K, C, B1, B2, B3, B6.
An excellent source of magnesium, Potassium, Iron
Full of antioxidants
improves eye health
helps you loose weight
great for your skin
No wonder kale has become so popular in health recipes.
I hope you liked my sizzling Kale for the sizzling you..